Back pain, especially lower back pain, is a constant for a great deal of people in Santa Cruz and around the world. Chiropractors have always been known as “back pain doctors” to a certain degree, and while they could take care of a far wider selection of ailments, this moniker is surely accurate. Our Santa Cruz chiropractic practice offers chiropractic treatment for back pain and involves a range of individualized treatments made to eliminate the pain permanently.
Here are some interesting facts which illustrate just how severe the problem is:
- One estimate puts the amount of back pain sufferers in the US at approximately 31 million.
- A 2010 report entitled Global Burden of Disease placed lower back pain as the chief cause of disability around the world.
- Back pain is among the most frequent causes of missed work days and the second-leading cause of doctor’s visits behind illnesses from the upper-respiratory tract.
- 50 percent of all working Americans say they experience back pain symptoms every year.
- Mechanical issues cause the vast majority of back pain cases, meaning that they aren’t the consequence of an underlying health condition.
- Some experts say that as much as 80 percent of the population will experience back pain at some time in their lives.
With these muscles, bones, ligaments, and joints all working together in a complex arrangement, strains and other injuries resulting in back pain are common. You might be experiencing back pain due to improper lifting, poor posture, stress, being overweight, a previous sports accident, or a vehicle crash. Conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis also cause back pain, as do diseases that originate in certain internal organs.
Chiropractic treatment is a safe and effective way to treat several kinds of back pain. With great chiropractic treatment for back pain, you’ll have greater freedom and fewer flare ups. For many individuals, removing the unwanted effects of prescription pain medicine is a welcomed advantage they never considered. Chiropractic treatment focuses on the root cause of the back pain while many traditional treatments concentrate on the signs. When only fixing the symptom or the pain you may experience relief, however whatever is causing that pain will still be there.
These include maintaining a healthy weight, preventing prolonged sitting, staying busy during your lifetime, staying hydrated, wearing low-heel shoes, stretching your entire body, and using proper body posture. By supporting yourself and receiving top quality chiropractic treatment, back pain should be a thing of the past.
At Sawyer Chiropractic Group, our staff is here to help answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us today.